If you’re looking over this article you should know how you can zip a folder. Maybe you have to make the file size smaller so it occupies less space on your own hard disk – and much less time for you to download too. Or perhaps you wish to put various things in to the folder to make the procedure a little less tedious for everybody concerned. In either case, you should know how make a zipped folder. So, without a doubt how…
The bottom line is, what you should do is to produce a folder and place content in it, to ensure that visitors to your site should be able to download it.
This is actually the process, step-by-step:
- Anywhere on your own Desktop – right click your mouse and select New.
- Then click Folder along with a new folder will show up on your own Desktop.
- Name it something you’ll remember – it’s better to not have any spaces within the file name.
- Right click the folder and select Send To and after that Compressed (zipped) Folder.
- The zipped folder will show up on your own Desktop – you’ll see the size of the folder has reduced.
That’s all there exists to creating a zipped folder! Now all you have to do is upload it towards the web the following:
- Visit your FTP Client (eg Filezilla) and kind within your details.
- Find the zipped file within your Local Browzer in the left-hand side of the screen – highlight it and drag it to the general public_html file within your Remote Browzer around the right-hand side of the screen.
- Once it offers uploaded you are going to find the zipped folder at yourdomainname/filename.zip
Now you understand how to zip a folder and upload it towards the web!
For more information about 7 zip download, simply visit our website.